- West Wing, China's most famous drama as translated by William Dolby
- This edition was published in 2002 by the Japan Komeisha Publishing House and by the Caledonian Publishing Company.
- ISBN: 4-907781-02-4 (Komeisha)
- ISBN: 1-901886-02-6 (Caledonian)
- We only have second-hand copies of this work.
As taken from the Introduction:
The love-affair of young lady Ts'ui Oriolette (Ts'ui Ying-ying) and young scholar Chang-jui is the most famous of China's tales of romance through the ages, and was based on events that happened during the T'ang dynasty (618-907). First written down as a novella, that was assuredly an attempt at self-exculpation by the author, during the T'ang, it became popular as an item of fiction and entertainment.